[Pw-talk] Fwd: Internship available with Consumers Energy

Salvo, Michael J salvo at purdue.edu
Thu May 3 10:43:45 -06 2018

Video production intern position available with Consumer’s Energy in Michigan. See alumnus Kaitlyn Neis’ description below, which she says screams PW: “the description made it particularly noteworthy: “The CSVP Intern must be able to analyze and break down information into more concise and clear messages.” That sounds like aperfect match for a PW major to me.”

Kaitlyn invites inquiries from interested students—this is a paid internship.

-Dr. Salvo
salvo at purdue.edu<mailto:salvo at purdue.edu>

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kaitlyn S. Neis" <Kaitlyn.Neis at cmsenergy.com<mailto:Kaitlyn.Neis at cmsenergy.com>>
Subject: Internship available with Consumers Energy
I’ve got a job listing to pass along, if you’ve got anyone in PW still looking for an internship. I know it’s rather late notice and many people already have their summer plans set, but yesterday we had a position open up for an intern in Strategic Communications. I’m not involved with that department (I’m in Operations as opposed to Regulatory & Public Affairs), but it looks like a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in video production. It initially caught my eye because we don’t have many internships that aren’t in engineering, but the description made it particularly noteworthy: “The CSVP Intern must be able to analyze and break down information into more concise and clear messages.” That sounds like aperfect match for a PW major to me.

I’ve included the details on the listing below and the link to apply is at the bottom. If anyone has questions about the company, the area, or really just anything else, feel free to pass my info along. I’d be more than happy to chat with them!

Best,

Kaitlyn Neis
Technical Writer - Standards Development Resources
WORKING TO DELIVER THE ENERGY YOU NEED, WHENEVER YOU NEED IT.
THAT’S OUR PROMISE TO MICHIGAN!
[cid:image001.png at 01D3E2CF.39422460]

Creative Services & Video Production Intern
Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas.  At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do.  Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us!  Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of the Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
Department Summary
The Creative Services & Video Production (CSVP) Intern is a hybrid position that combines video production, graphic design and some copywriting experience, contributing to the team through effective and engaging communications.
Job Description/Responsibilities
The CSVP Intern must be able to analyze and break down information into more concise and clear messages. This position will be responsible for meeting standards for effectiveness and adhering to corporate branding requirements and guidelines. Flexibility, adaptability and a desire to learn new skills is expected.
Requirements/Qualifications
Enrolled and actively pursuing a degree in the business field majoring in Business, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations or Graphic Design, or a similar field. Video production experience is required. The minimum GPA requirement for this internship position is 3.0. The following skills and experiences may set you apart from others:
•  High attention to detail
•  Adobe Premiere and Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign
•  Experience with shooting and lighting video
•  Research, analytical and communication skills
•  Strong administrative and organizational skills
•  Enthusiasm and initiative
•  Strong strategic thinking ability
•  Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
•  Comfortable and adaptable to change
•  Ability to interface effectively with people at all levels of the organization, from executive to front-line, to gather and disseminate appropriate messages
•  Ability to manage multiple projects in an often fast-paced environment
•  Ability to work in a collaborative/team environment and deadline-oriented
Primary location of this internship will be at Consumers Energy headquarters in Jackson, MI.
Essential Functions:
Writes, shoots, and edits videos varying length. Records and edits voice overs. Prepares audio and video files for distribution to internal and external parties. Sets up three point lightning. Uses studio lighting. Performs duties of unusual significance or importance to the Company. Makes recommendations in areas of expertise. Acts as a liaison with other agencies, organizations, and employees to coordinate communications programs.  Completes special projects. Performs related work as assigned.

Hours and Travel:
Meet travel requirements of the position.  Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.

Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.  While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear.   The employee must lift and move up to forty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.  The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.

Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.

All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.

Apply to this job now<https://careers.consumersenergy.com/job-invite/11363/?locale=en_US&utm_campaign=rcmemailjobtofriend&utm_source=rcmemailjobtofriend>