[Pw-talk] Review Writing: ENGL 406

Salvo , Michael J salvo at purdue.edu
Tue May 8 13:34:18 -06 2018

I write to let you know there are seats open in ENGL 406: Review Writing with Professor Thomas Rickert. 406 is part of the new minor, and will be added to the major POS when it is revised this year—I will accept 406 as a class in the major (be in touch with me to discuss how this will work).

Students will find the class a welcome opportunity to shape public perceptions through writing that determine the success of consumable products (books, music, TV/film, games, food, and more) while investigating opportunities in participatory culture.

From Prof. Rickert:
Review writing permeates contemporary culture, as it is one of the forms of expression we most rely on to find, filter, appreciate, and understand the media and products we enjoy. Review writing provides an outlet where clear, dynamic, and timely expression gives citizens a voice in regards to commercial interests, media organizations, and the general public. Fall semester, Professor Thomas Rickert leads students in investigating music, TV/film, books, games, food, and other sorts of reviews as opportunities for writing that impacts our perceptions and perhaps even the success of many kinds of media.

-Prof. Salvo

Dr. Michael J. Salvo, Associate Professor
Director of Professional Writing
Department of English
Purdue University, 500 Oval Drive
West Lafayette, IN  47907-2038